- [S497] Marshall, James H. Wills & Adm N'hamp Co,1632-1802, (Camden, ME: Picton Press, 1994), p. 303 (will of Edward Joyne Sr., planter, wife Sarah), 497.
- [S2783] Allen B. Hamilton, Hamilton, Allen - N'hamp Co, Per Tax List, 1782-99, (Colonial Roots, Millsboro, DE), p. 32 (shown as John Joyne on p. 13 of original 1783 list), 2783.
- [S3131] DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) National Society/Genealogy, (https://www.dar.org/national-society/genealogy), John Joynes/Joines Ancestor #:A216609, 3131.
- [S497] Marshall, James H. Wills & Adm N'hamp Co,1632-1802, (Camden, ME: Picton Press, 1994), p. 480 (will of John Joynes Sr.), 497.
- [S2087] David R. Scott, Ancestors of Columbia Elizabeth Scott, (Self Published, Park Hall, Eastville, VA, Feb 2011), 2087.
- [S887] John Frederick Dorman, Dorman, Adv of Purse & Person, 4th Ed, Vol 1, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2004), p. 82 (Andrews Family), 887.
- [S622] Mihalyka, N'hamp Co Marriages 1660-1854, (Bowie, MD: Heritage Books, Inc., 1990), 622.