||Bettie Kellam Turner  |
||16 Nov 1890
||Northampton Co, Virginia 
- She was shown as Bettie Kellam Turner, born in N'hamp Co, VA, Nov. 16, 1890, the daughter of Geo. William Turner, age 37, born in Accomac and Arinthia Jane Kellam, age 35, born in Accomac, Co, VA. (NOTE: The information was provided on 23 Aug 1954 by Mary Ann Va Turner, a 78 year old sister, quoting from a Family Bible printed in 1875.)
|Census with parents
||18 Jun 1900
||Franktown District, Northampton Co, Virginia 
- HH#295 was headed by George Turner, a 46 year old farmer, born Feb 1854. Listed with him were the following Turners: Arinthia, a 43 year old wife, born Dec 1856; Mary A., a 24 year old daughter, born Mar 1876; James E., a 22 year old son, born Nov. 1877; George W., a 21 year old son, born Jan 1879; Ethel L., a 17 year old daughter; born Nov 1882; Daisy W., a 15 year old daughter, born Nov 1884; Lydia S., a 13 year old daughter, born June 1886; John S., an 11 year old son, born Nov 1888; Bettie K., a 9 year old daughter, born Nov 1890; Arinthia J., a 7 year old daughter, born Dec 1892; Joshua, a 6 year old son, born Aug 1893; Margaret H., a 3 year old daughter, born Jan 1897; and ____, a 1 year old unnamed son, born Feb 1899. Also listed was William Duncan, a 15 year old nephew, born 1885.
|Obituary - Fathers
||Pungoteague, Accomack Co, Virginia
- The obituary of George William Turner shows he was survived by his widow, Mrs. Arinthia Turner, seven daughters, Miss Manie Turner, of Painter; Mrs. Charles U. Davis, of Painter; Mrs. H.L. Eichelberger, of Keller; Mrs. Austin Ward, of Nassawadox; Mrs. Margaret Avery, of Richmond, Miss. Janie Turner, of Painter, and Mrs. Wade H. Mears, of Pungoteague and four sons, Messrs. James E. Turner, of Exmore; John S. Turner, of Nassawadox, Jushua L. and Maxwell R. Turner, of Painter, VA.
||Bettie Kellam Mears  |
||1 Nov 1988
||Hermitage of the Eastern Shore, Onancock, Accomack Co, Virginia [4, 5]
- She was shown as Bettie Turner Mears, who died 1 Nov 1988, age 97, born 16 Nov 1890, who had resided at Exmore, Northampton Co, VA, the daughter of George William Turner and Arinthia Kellam & the spouse of Wade H. Mears. William T. Ward gave the information.
||Belle Haven Cemetery, Belle Haven, Accomack Co, Virginia 
||25 Oct 2019 |
||George William 'Bill' Turner, Sr., b. 7 Feb 1854, Mappsburg, Accomack Co, Virginia d. 27 Oct 1927, Painter, Accomack Co, Virginia (Age 73 years) |
||Arinthia Jane Kellam, b. 16 Dec 1856, Accomack Co, Virginia d. 22 Dec 1937, Painter, Accomack Co, Virginia (Age 81 years) |
||9 May 1875
||Middlesex, Accomack Co, Virginia 
- He was shown as George W. Turner, a 22 year old farmer, the son of James E. & Catharine Turner and she was shown as Arinthia J. Kellam, age 19, the daughter of George A. & Ann A. Kellam. They were married by J.E. Humphreys.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart